For years, I felt a tugging in my spirit - a gentle pull I couldn't quite name. It wasn't loud or urgent. It was quiet, steady, and persistent, like the Lord was whispering something I wasn't yet ready to understand. I carried that feeling with me through different seasons, unsure of what it meant or what He was asking me to do.
Years ago, my missions pastor, Pastor Marcus said something that stayed with me:
"Sometimes our mission field isn't around the world - it's in our own backyard."
I didn't realize at the time how deeply those words would shape me. But they planted something. They reminded me that ministry doesn't always begin with a plane ticket or a distant calling. Sometimes it begins right where we are - with our families, our communities, and the people God places in front of us.
And that's exactly what happened.
It wasn't until my sister and I began reading the Bible together on Discord that the tug finally made sense. Day after day, as we opened Scripture together - she in Wisconsin and me in South Carolina - , prayed together, and shared what God was teaching us, I realized something: this is what so many women long for but simply don't have.
- A place to belong.
- A place to be fed.
- A place to grow.
- A place to feel safe.
- A place to walk through Scripture with someone who not only cares, but is also going through it too.
"So encourage each other and build each other up, just as you are already doing." ~1 Thessalonians 5:11 (ESV)
- This is your place.
- Your community.
- Your sisterhood.
- Your walk through Scripture.
Mission Statement
Closing Prayer
Lord,Thank You for every woman who finds her way here. Thank You for the gentle tug that led to this space, and for the sisterhood You are building through Your Spirit. Bless every heart that reads these words. Give comfort to the lonely, strength to the weary, and hope to the discouraged. Let Sisters of Promise be a place where Your daughters feel safe, seen, and deeply loved. Guide us as we walk through Scripture together, and let Your promises shape our lives one season at a time.~Amen

No comments:
Post a Comment